Does your club operate a bar?

The Home Office is to discuss the proposed changes from centrally-set to locally-set fees for alcohol licences.

Sports clubs which have bars that sell alcohol are required to pay for a licence. The consultation proposes removing the current annual licence fee levels and replacing them with a higher cap.

As such, local authorities would be free to set licence fee levels for clubs (provided they come beneath the cap) – meaning that some cricket clubs may be required to pay more than they are currently.

Cricket clubs may wish to submit their own individual consultation responses prior to the closing date on 10 April 2014.

Click here for more information.

Club Cricket Bar