Watch the video to find out everything you need to know about this course
This course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to assist a qualified coach in a coaching session and create a safe, enjoyable and welcoming player-centred environment
2 x 3 hour face-to-face modules
At least 16 years of age
Pre-requisites for certification
- 16 years of age
- Current Safeguarding Young Cricketers certificate or equivalent
- Disclosure and Barring Service check through ECB
Over the duration of the course, you can expect to explore the following questions:
- What is the role of a coach support worker?
- How can I ensure that cricket sessions are safe?
- How do I prepare players for cricket sessions?
- What are the different types of practice?
- How can I adapt a coaching session depending on the practice type and the ability of the players?
- How do I deal with poor behaviour?
- How do I create an environment where children want to return?
ECB Coaches Association membership
Not available for CSW