Insurance and Insurance FAQs

Peace of mind while you coach

Purchasing personal insurance can be very expensive and tiresome. The CA provides you with insurance and enables you to concentrate on developing your new skills.

Insurance includes:

  • Public Liability - The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property - £5,000.000 - limit of indemnity.
  • Employer’s Liability - The members legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions - £10,000,000 - limit of indemnity.
  • Personal Accident - A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures - £300.
  • Legal Expenses - Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions.
  • Legal and Tax Helpline - Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

Insurance FAQs

What does the Public Liability Insurance Cover?
It covers all of the members of the coaches association against their legal liability in the event of injury being caused to a third party or damage to property.

Am I covered for Public Liability at all times?
No, the cover only applies when you are involved in cricket activities arising out of your coaching duties.

I sometimes coach abroad, am I still covered by the policy?
Yes you are, provided that you are normally resident in the UK or EC.

I coach as a hobby and don’t have a job, can I still claim under the Personal Accident section of the policy?
Yes, you can claim for all benefits under the policy other than the temporary total disablement weekly benefit. If your only occupation at the time of an accident is as a cricket coach you will be able to claim the temporary total disablement benefit after the two week waiting period.

When does the Personal Accident cover apply?
While you are either carrying out coaching duties or travelling to and/or from such duties.

What do I do if someone is injured during a coaching session?
Report the matter to Kerry London immediately who will send you an accident report form to complete. Contact details can be found on their website at

What do I do if I receive a solicitor’s letter alleging that I was responsible for an injury caused during a coaching session?
Forward the letter without delay to Kerry London. The letter must not be answered and it is advisable to ring first to confirm that the letter is on its way.

I sometimes have parents and other club members assisting me with coaching. Are they covered under my insurance?
No, cover is only extended to qualified coaches who are members of the ECB CA

I am an overseas coach and a member of ECBCA. Am I covered when I visit the UK in the summer?
Yes, providing your qualification is recognised by the ECBCA.

When I join the ECBCA at what stage is my insurance effective?
When your application together with payment by a completed Direct Debit or cheque for the full fee is received by the ECBCA at Edgbaston.

I have formed a Ltd company for my coaching activities. Is the company insured under the ECBCA scheme?
No, companies cannot join ECBCA, therefore the insurance package will not apply. Separate arrangements can be made by contacting Kerry London