Ashes Schools Challenge
What is the Ashes School Challenge?
The England and Wales Cricket Board launched the Ashes School Challenge during the summer of 2013, a free interactive primary school resource that enables students to learn about Cricket and The Ashes using activities that are mapped against the National Curriculum.
An international primary schools programme which educates children about the game and creates a legacy for grassroots cricket in Australia and England, and enhances their communities on the back of one of the world sport’s most anticipated contests – The Ashes Series between Australia and England.
ECB is now encouraging more schools to sign up to the Ashes School Challenge this winter as England prepare to take on Australia ‘Down Under’ in the battle for ownership of the famous Ashes urn.
More than 1500 Primary schools nationwide have already signed up to the free interactive educational programme which was launched earlier this year to coincide with England’s home Investec Ashes series against Australia. The programme, which is also being supported by Chance to Shine and Cricket Australia, is designed to educate children about the Spirit of Cricket and create a legacy for grassroots cricket in England and Australia.
- Is developed around The Ashes Series between Australia and England in 2013 and beyond
- Uses the game of cricket to teach students in schools in Australia and England about the qualities and values that can help them fulfil their potential at school, home, in their community and in life
- Transforms local schools into vibrant community hubs by supporting them in becoming ‘Centres for Cricket Celebration’
- Provides primary school students in Australia and England with an opportunity to look beyond their current circumstances, broaden their life view and experiences, be aware of their community, family, school and personal responsibilities and embark on a journey of cultural understanding and interaction
- Uses a wide range of resources and media to connect students from diverse backgrounds in Australia and England and educate, interact, build relationships, inspire and empower
You can download an Ashes School Challenge information sheet below:
How do I register?
To register your interest to receive the Ashes School Challenge free resource, fill in the form below on this page.
The resource pack will be sent to each registering school.
For all enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The England and Wales Cricket Board Limited (ECB) will hold your contact details in a database and will use them to:
- keep you informed of the latest news and developments relating to schools cricket
- contact you with information and details of relevant opportunities including schools competitions and initiatives, events, educational tools, and coach education
- invite you to participate in ECB schools cricket questionnaires and focus groups.
The ECB may also provide your contact details to:
- those of the ECB’s commercial partners that are involved in our schools programme so that they can send you information about school cricket and school sport.
Consent: By submitting the form below, you understand that you are consenting to the ECB using and sharing your information as described above.