Flood Relief 2007 - Procedures for Funding Support
This information is available to download in one file below, or is in full on this page:
The relief fund has been made available by the England and Wales Cricket Trust Limited (EWCT) a wholly owned subsidiary of the ECB.
At present there is £250,000 allocated to support ECB affiliated clubs who have been affected by the recent flooding. ECB is lobbying for more support and match funding.
The relief fund is set to support “start up” projects and is designed to maximise the prospect of cricket returning to the club site in terms of access and the field of play. The fund is not designed to support major building works or the installation of flood defences.
The relief fund is only open to clubs that can evidence severe disruption or closure from the recent flooding.
Clubs that have had their league programme affected but are substantially still operating need not apply.
The funding is limited to a maximum of £5,000 per club, however the EWCT reserves the right to award up to £10,000 in extreme cases
The fund will not cover any element that is subject to an ongoing insurance claim
Any offer made is based on acceptance within 30 days, after which time the offer will lapse and the funding will be reallocated to other needy clubs.
Funding will be limited to those projects that will prioritise returning cricket to the site and could include the following:
- Enabling works such as access roads and services (subject to consents)
- Ground works - square, outfield and drainage
- Decontamination (subject to consents)
- General clearance and clean up
- Purchase or hire of machinery to aid the process
3. Making the case for support
Clubs should follow these steps:
- Apply for support in writing with any photographic evidence of the condition of the site
- Declare which elements of the damage that are covered by insurance and are the subject of a claim
- Declare and submit any survey work carried out by specialists that may affect your request for support
- Declare whether you require assistance in developing a project that may incur cost
- Provide two points of contact for the club, including full postal addresses, contact telephone numbers (daytime) and email addresses, and highlight which is the key contact
Letters should be addressed to the following:
ECB Facilities and Funding Unit
c/o The County Ground
Manchester M16 0PX
4. What will happen next?
Your request for support will be assessed and an ECB Case Officer will be allocated to your club.
The case officer will contact you (key contact), in writing, with a proposed level of support and may request a meeting at the club site to review and verify the project.
Subject to successful discussions / meetings, funding will be approved and steps will be taken to process your grant.
Payments will be made by cheque and cannot be made out to individual club members.
Any funding offer will require two club signatories to authorise a claim (your case officer will arrange this)
The England and Wales Cricket Trust Limited will seek to distribute funds to clubs within 14 days of notice from the appointed case officer.