NatWest CricketForce Fundraiser
The NatWest CricketForce Fundraiser is designed to encourage cricket clubs to organise events to raise funds for future NatWest CricketForce projects and bring clubs and communities together.
The 2012 Fundraiser weekend is now over – and more than 200 clubs took part over the August Bank Holiday Weekend.
England cricketers Chris Tremlett and Heather Knight attended Horsley and Send CC in Surrey to support the club’s under-11 tournament – watch the video of the day here, where the club raised £2,500 for club expansion:
The NatWest CricketForce Fundraiser initiative was introduced in 2010 to keep NatWest CricketForce alive throughout the season and help clubs raise the necessary funds to undertake projects to improve facilities or for short term need.
The NatWest CricketForce Fundraiser initiative was introduced to keep NatWest CricketForce alive throughout the season and help clubs raise the necessary funds to undertake projects to improve facilities or for short term need.
Last year’s event was a big success with more than double the number of clubs taking part compared to the previous year. 2011 saw 335 clubs take part raising an estimated £324,000 between them, a fantastic achievement by all!
Here are some examples of the events held by clubs to raise funds:
- Chippingdale Cricket Club, Sussex held a Junior Cricket tournament over 3 days and raised an incredible £5,000.
- Langleybury CC in Hertforshire marched their way to raising £3,000 by holding a club Walk-a-thon.
- New Brighton CC in Cheshire took advantage of their location by having a cricket tournament… on the beach! With help from the weather they raised over £2,500.
- Kimberley Institute CC, Nottinghamshire went international for their fundraising event by holding a Mexican themed evening including fancy dress, Mexican cuisine and a disco to finish it off. Their efforts brought in £400 for the club.
- Selby CC in Yorkshire had the inventive idea of holding a Dung Drop competition. They sold squares in a field, had a cow from a local farm wander round it and then measured where the dung was deposited. A large number of squares were sold and the club benefited to the amount of £830.
For help on Fundraising and event ideas take a look at the ECB’s Fundraising Guide for Cricket Clubs
For help to manage your club’s finances take a look at the NatWest Cricket Club Guide (0.9 MB)
If you have any queries about the NatWest CricketForce Fundraiser please email email@example.com