England and Wales Cricket Trust Interest Free Loan Scheme
What is the England and Wales Cricket Trust?
The England and Wales Cricket Trust (EWCT) promotes community participation in cricket as a means of promoting and improving health – which is a charitable purpose.
The EWCT also promotes work to improve provision of cricket in schools, clubs and other youth cricket activities. Activities funded by the EWCT must benefit the community not just a small group or elite. This is a primary obligation of an applicant when applying the funds provided by EWCT.
What is the aim of the Interest Free Loan Scheme?
The scheme aims to finance capital projects to help create a sustainable future for cricket.
Who can apply?
- All ECB affiliated cricket clubs.
- Other organisations that can evidence achievement / delivery of the charitable aims of the EWCT.
- Please note ECB Clubmark registration or accreditation is not a requirement.
What types of projects are eligible?
- Changing room development
- Clubhouse renovation
- Social area development
- Machinery store
- Score box
- Improvement in car parking facilities (for cricket purposes only)
- CCTV/security shutters (specifically to protect cricket buildings)
- Outdoor lighting (for security purposes)
- Energy consumption / saving systems
- Water consumption / saving systems
- Flood defence measures
Want to know more?
Have a look at ECB’s technical guidance on Pavilions and Clubhouses.
- Mobile Net Cages
- Security/Protection (Perimeter fencing / ball stop netting
- Flood defence measures
Want to know more? Have a look at ECB’s technical guidance on Fine Turf.
- For cricketing purposes only
- Non-Turf Practice Facilities
- Match Play Pitches
Want to know more? Have a look at ECB’s technical guidance and list of ECB approved Non-Turf Pitch Systems and suppliers.
How much can be applied for?
- Cricket clubs with a junior section* - £1,000 - £50,000
- Cricket clubs without a junior section - £1,000 - £20,000
- Other organisations – subject to application
- A cricket club with a junior section is defined as ‘a cricket club that offers appropriate coaching and competition to cricketers under the age of 18 years’.
How much partnership funding is required?
A minimum of 10% partnership funding is required from the applicant.
How do I apply?
1 - Download and read the EWCT Interest Free Loan Scheme Guidance notes (below)
2 - Can you answer yes the following questions?
a) Is your club / organisation eligible to apply to the Scheme?
b) Is the project you are considering eligible?
3 - If yes to both, download, complete and return the Expression of Interest Form (below)
4 - If no, and you wish to discuss your case further contact your ECB Facilities and Investment Manager
Guidance Notes (269 KB)
EWCT EOI Form (78 KB)