Volunteers transform Shifnal over 2004 CricketForce weekend
More than 100 volunteers converged on Shifnal CC over the Easter weekend to help the club carry out a mass of work at the club as part of CricketForce 2004.
Shifnal chairman Adrian Collins said: “It was a fantastic effort! The approximate value of materials used was £4500 – and 90 per cent of this has been donated, mainly from the business community.
“We have learned a lot from doing this project. We are enthused to do it every year – and 2005 is already being planned!”
The volunteers who turned up at the Shropshire club on April 9-10 2004, managed to do a mammoth amount of work on the clubhouse and generally around the ground.
This is what was achieved:
- new kitchen fitted
- bar refurbished
- new floor fitted in kitchen and bar
- toilets and showers painted
- main clubhouse areas papered and painted
- changing rooms painted
- new curtains made and fitted
- sightscreens painted
- new wheels fitted to sightscreens
- perimeter boards painted and repaired
- storage shed moved and painted
- fencing erected to create ‘social area’
- maintenance strip dug and filled with shingle
- tress and shrubs planted around perimeter
- construction of new scorebox started
- roadway repaired