Pears squad join CricketForce ranks
Worcestershire CCC's entire professional squad will be taking part in the NatWest CricketForce weekend on Saturday April 2.
NatWest CricketForce encourages cricket supporters, their friends and families to give something back to their local community cricket club by volunteering to undertake major renovations to clubhouses and grounds.
The Worcestershire players were only too happy to get involved and have been split into groups of two or three and allocated to one of seven local clubs in the Worcestershire area. They will be available to their allocated club from 1-3pm.
The groups and the clubs they will attend are as follows:
- Ashton-under-Hill: David Leatherdale and Matt Mason
- Bredon CC: Gareth Batty and Will Gifford
- Bromsgrove CC: Stephen Peters; Nadeem Malik and Graeme Hick
- Pedmore CC: Stephen Moore; David Wigley and Ben Smith
- Swindon CC: Josh Knappett and Steve Davies
- Stourbridge CC: Kabir Ali and Ray Price
- Halesowen CC: James Pipe; Shaftab Khalid and Daryl Mitchell.
The Worcestershire players and staff are delighted to be involved in the event on such a scale and director of cricket Tom Moody said: "It's a great initiative for cricket in general, and we're delighted to help those clubs at grass roots level in this way as that's where we all started!
“All the lads are pleased to be involved and I'm sure it'll be a great day."
It is not just the Worcestershire squad getting involved, with current England internationals Andrew Strauss, Geraint Jones, Matthew Hoggard, James Anderson, Vikram Solanki and Ashley Giles all taking part in next weekend's event.
Over 650 clubs are registered to participate, which represents 1 in 10 of all cricket clubs across the UK.