Tax guidance for cricket clubs
ECB recognises that tax can be a daunting subject for cricket clubs. We have enlisted the help of a specialised sports tax consultant to put together some guidance pages for clubs to use.
This information is intended to provide clubs with guidance and greater clarity in the areas covered. Clubs are reminded that they should seek their own independent professional advice before committing to a particular course of action.
This guidance has been prepared by Richard Baldwin, a Sports Tax Consultant retained by ECB, and is correct to the best of his knowledge and belief at 30 November 2012.
The author takes no responsibility for any consequence of a user or club placing reliance on this guidance.
If your club is to be the subject of a PAYE enquiry by HMRC please read this specific guidance to help you prepare:
Please see below for further specific guidance for your club addressing various issues related to tax:
- Tax Guidance – Business Rates (178 KB)
- Tax Guidance – Corporation Tax (207 KB)
- Tax Guidance – Expenses and Business Rates (179 KB)
- Tax Guidance – Fundraising (202 KB)
- Tax Guidance – Grants (191 KB)
- Tax Guidance – National Minimum Wage (177 KB)
- Tax Guidance – PAYE (187 KB)
- Tax Guidance – Sale of Land (182 KB)
- Tax Guidance – Sponsorship (308 KB)
- Tax Guidance – VAT (207 KB)
You may want to consider downloading each of these documents to print off and keep for reference at a later date.