NatWest CricketForce 2007 - newsletter March 2007
We would like to offer your club our very best wishes for a successful NatWest CricketForce 2007 event and confirm that over 1,100 clubs and approximately 75,000 people are participating in the largest ever gathering of cricket club volunteers working to make cricket clubs up and down the country the best they can be.
A few final thoughts to make the weekend a success. Have you thought of:
- Having a morning meeting at 8.15am with bacon butties to make last-minute arrangements and kick-start the weekend event
- Recruiting people from the whole community to help
- All your members, friends and family participating and bringing along their spades, tools, paint brushes etc
- Videoing the event and taking digital photos for you website and to send to your county board and ECB; unusual photos are best
- Putting a press release together pre- and post-event
- Having a final push to recruit business and local authority support (don’t forget to ask for ‘in kind’ contributions ie vouchers, staff time/expertise, end of line stock, ex-display stock, prizes etc. Try not to ask for money!
- Having plenty of cups of tea/coffee/soft drinks available free of charge for the workers
- Inviting special guests eg Mayor, leader of the council, local celebrities, past players, sponsors, Sport England, county cricket board etc.
- Inviting press/media and taking unusual photos and telling interesting stories
- All of your projects that are realistic to achieve and planned for inclement weather
- Being safety conscious for all projects you are carrying out
- Having a real end of event celebration with a BBQ, Hog Roast and a few drinks to thank everybody for all their hard work
- Making this a fantastic team-building event to set the season off with a bang!
You should all have received your free T-shirts by now. Please ensure you wear them and take plenty of photos.
Please use the NatWest CricketForce section here on ecb.co.uk for a final look at all the benefits from this magnificent programme and don’t forget to complete the evaluation form, which will be found online following the event.
This is probably the most important piece of information as it will help us get more business and government support for club cricket in the future.
Have a great event!
ECB and the NatWest CricketForce Team