Notts honoured at ECB awards
The ECB today announced the winners of the annual Business of Cricket Awards which were held at the Cumberland Hotel in London last night.
The awards, which are designed to celebrate marketing and PR excellence across domestic and international cricket, were attended by representatives of all 18 first-class counties and MCC together with guests from the wider sports industry.
The biggest winners of the night were Nottinghamshire, who collected three awards including the Commercial PR/Team of the Year award which is sponsored by Jaguar, the official car supplier to the England team.
In making this award, the judges cited the strength of the club’s overall submissions but also the excellent feedback received from key stakeholders and business partners who had worked with the club over the previous 12 months.
Warwickshire and Essex each collected awards in two separate categories with Derbyshire, Hampshire, Kent and Worcestershire also collecting individual awards.
ECB director of marketing and communications Steve Elworthy said: “This has been a tremendous year for cricket in England and Wales on the field and last night’s awards demonstrated that the off-field promotion and marketing of our game continues to set new standards of excellence.
“Our judges were rightly impressed by the breadth and quality of the entries in a variety of different categories and picking winners was no easy task.
“We congratulate those who did win but also send thanks to the judging panel, headed by the chairman of Synergy, Karen Earl, and to all the entrants for their hard work and creativity over the past 12 months.”
ECB Business of Cricket Awards 2011
- Best New/Lapsed Fan Campaign: Essex
- Best Improvement in Customer Database and Relationship Building: Hampshire
- Best Use of Digital Media: Warwickshire
- Best Friends Life t20 Activation: Essex
- Best Membership Campaign: Worcestershire
- Best Integrated Campaign (International): Warwickshire
- Best Integrated Campaign (Domestic): Derbyshire
- Best Community Programme: Nottinghamshire
- Best In-ground Event Package: Kent
- Best PR/Media Management for a First-class County Team: Nottinghamshire
- Commercial PR/Team of the Year: Nottinghamshire