Cricket writers awards announced
The ECB today announced four awards to recognise the coverage and promotion of county cricket in the written media.
The four categories are:
1) The county cricket newspaper of the year - national
2) The county cricket newspaper of the year - regional
3) Online county cricket publication of the year
4) The ECB scholarship to the young cricket writer of the year
The scholar of the year will receive an award of £5,000 to support an overseas tour to cover a county or national tour.
The awards will be chosen by an awards panel comprising Pat Gibson, Kevin Howells, Mike Brearley and David Collier. Paul Bolton will join the panel to determine the ECB scholarship winner.
The award will be open to national or regional publications and will be judged on the following criteria:
1) Breadth, consistency and quality of coverage of domestic cricket
2) Unique insights into county cricket
3) Ability to engage with a broad cross section of cricket supporters and readers
4) Championing the importance of domestic cricket to the sport
The awards will be judged in September of each season.