Two-innings format for second XI
The England and Wales Cricket Board today confirmed the format for the two-innings 40-over trial to be played in second Xl cricket in 2010.
The competition will be played on a knock-out basis by the 18 first-class counties.
Somerset v Gloucestershire, Taunton Vale
Yorkshire v Durham, Weetwood, Leeds
Derbyshire v Nottinghamshire, Alvaston & Boulton
Worcestershire v Warwickshire, New Road
Sussex v Hampshire, Stirlands CC
Lancashire v Yorkshire/Durham, Neston CC
Glamorgan v Somerset/Gloucestershire, St Fagan’s CC
Northamptonshire v Leicestershire, Dunstable Town CC
Essex v Kent, Billericay
Surrey v Middlesex, Wimbledon
June 7: Quarter-finals
June 14: Semi-finals
June 21: Final
Matches will be played according to Clydesdale Bank 40 playing conditions with variations that confirm the following:
- Each innings of 40 overs will be split into two phases of 20 overs.
- Each team has 10 wickets at its disposal for its entire innings.
- A team’s second phase will continue from the point at which the first phase ended.
- 20 overs of powerplays, 10 of which will be the first 10 overs, with the other 10 split into two blocks of five, one taken at the fielding team’s discretion, the other at the batting team’s discretion.
- Pink cricket balls and white clothing will be used. This is in order to understand more about the performance of pink balls in our local conditions, along with how they combine with white clothing.
Special provision has been made in the playing conditions for the re-allocation of overs in interrupted matches to take account of the two-phase nature of each innings.
Duckworth/Lewis will apply in matches where overs are lost after the commencement of the match.
Full season fixtures across all Second XI competitions:
Second XI Fixtures 2010 (51 KB)