Responsibility for the day-to-day running of the ECB rests with the executive management team who report directly to the chief executive, with each enjoying a high degree of functional delegated authority.
The chief executive, in turn, reports to the chairman of the ECB Board. This was expanded in size from 12 to 14 members in May 2010; for the first time including two women directors.
An executive committee chaired by the chief executive is responsible for delivering the ECB’s strategic plans and three other committees (cricket, commercial and finance) are actively responsible for working with the leadership team on policy, planning and strategic issues - plus also an arm’s-length Discipline Standing Committee.
The board is comprised of a chairman, deputy chairman and chairman of cricket elected by all 40 members of ECB, two independent directors, three directors from the first-class game, two directors from the recreational game, two ECB executives, a women’s game representative and an MCC representative.
ECB board composition
- Giles Clarke - chairman
- Colin Graves - deputy chairman
- John Pickup - chairman of recreational assembly
- Peter Wright - chairman of cricket
- Tom Harrison - ECB chief executive (from mid-January 2015)
- Brian Havill - ECB finance director
- Matthew Fleming - MCC representative
- Lord Morris of Handsworth - independent non-executive director
- Rachael Heyhoe-Flint - women’s game representative
- Jane Stichbury - independent director
- Jim Wood - chairman of Devon Cricket Board
- Richard Thompson - chairman of Surrey CCC
- Ian Lovett - chairman of Middlesex CCC
- Andy Nash - chairman of Somerset CCC