ECB ACO - Membership
ECB ACO currently have almost 9,000 members – why not join the biggest association of officials worldwide?
Become a member now - click here (765 KB).
There are a number of ways that you can become a member. Firstly, you could attend a course by contacting your County ACO and filling in an application during the course.
Secondly, you could fill in a form now. All you need to do is download and complete the application and direct debit form (765 KB) and send to the Membership Services team at the following address: ECB ACO, Business & Membership Services, ECB Offices, Warwickshire County Cricket Club, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B5 7QX.
Existing members can update their personal information and check their membership details on the ECB ACO portal.
What you will get from joining ECB ACO:
- Membership of the national association for umpires and scorers ‘Currently the biggest association of officials worldwide’
- Insurance ‘As an ECB ACO member, you’ll receive cover regardless of your age’
- CRB ‘To become an ECB ACO member, you have to complete a CRB form (paid by ECB)’
- Access to ACO merchandise and clothing ECB ACO merchandise can be viewed and purchased here (please note you will need your unique ECB ACO membership number to make a purchase)
- Newsletters ‘Arriving on your doorstep four times a year, the newsletter caters for both scorers and umpires. Click here for archived issues’
- Appointments ‘Officiating at varying levels, all appointments to ECB competitions are made here, which as a member, you will have access to
- Mentoring and Coaching ‘To assist your development, we offer coaching and mentoring as you go through the umpire and scorer pathways’
- Observation of Performance and Grading ‘You can be observed and graded at any point during the season which more often than not, provides you with constructive feedback’
For more information or assistance contact: Telephone: 0121 446 2710 / email: email@example.com
Full membership (including EC members) - payment method, Direct Debit - £30/Cheque - £32.
Includes full insurance cover and is open to anyone who is an active official on the field or off the field in the role of a trainer/assessor. Prospective members must have a valid CRB.
Young Officials membership - payment method, Direct Debit - £15/Cheque - £17.
Open to all in the age group 14-25. Full insurance cover will be provided once the member has reached their 16th birthday. They must have completed a vetting check and also if between the ages of 14-18, they must complete a Young Officials Form.
Associate membership (Includes Overseas members) - payment method, Direct Debit - £15/Cheque - £17.
Available to individuals who are no longer actively involved in officiating. No insurance is provided and CRB clearance is not required.
Type of member
Associate (non active)
Young official (14-25)
Can pay by bank transfer
Can pay by bank transfer
Membership processing will take up to 10 weeks if you have to complete a vetting check. If you already have a valid vetting check, membership will take four to six weeks.
This includes payment processing and the production of your membership pack. All direct debit subscriptions are collected on or around 15th of every month.