What to do if there is a Child Safeguarding matter in your club

If you have Child Safeguarding concerns you should:

  • Report any information or concerns to your Club Welfare Officer
  • Ensure that you have obtained as much information about your concerns or an incident as possible
  • Complete an Incident Reporting Form (195 KB) and submit it to the County Welfare Officer
  • Ensure that any umpire reports or statements accompany this information
  • Contact the Police/Ambulance/Children’s Social Care/LADO immediately if any child is in danger or has been hurt at the club and then report the matter to the County Welfare Officer

Incident Reporting

League Discipline

Until the introduction of the ECB Safe Hands Policy it was the responsibility of a League to discipline any person who had offended against a person regardless of age.

However, with the introduction of the ECB Safe Hands Policy it is not the responsibility of those in cricket to determine whether abuse of a child or young person has taken place but it is their responsibility to report it.

Any incident that takes place during the course of a cricket match that results in verbal, physical or sexual assault on a person under the age of 18 years must be referred to the County Welfare Officer for advice. An Incident Reporting Form (195 KB) must be completed.

Further information can be found in Kit Bag 4 in Section 3 of the Safe Hands Policy – Responding to, Reporting and Recording Concerns (253 KB)