Ireland v. England
Ireland v England ODI 2013
Toss: England won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: England win by 6 wickets
- England have won one of their last four two-team One Day International series, having won 12 of the preceding 14.
- Ireland have tied two of their last four ODIs – against Pakistan at Clontarf, Dublin in May and Netherlands at Amstelveen in July.
- If selected Boyd Rankin will become the eighth player to represent two countries in ODIs. Two of the previous men to do so are likely to feature in this match: Eoin Morgan and Ed Joyce.
- Morgan has played 17 innings since he last hit an ODI half century, against South Africa at The Kia Oval in August 2012.
- The Village Ground at Malahide will become the 185th ground to host an ODI. England have won all three of these teams' previous meetings in Ireland, in 2006, 2009 and 2011.
- Kevin O'Brien needs 93 runs to become the first Irish player to score 2,000 ODI runs.
- Gary Wilson needs 25 runs to become the fifth Irish player to score 1,000 ODI runs.
- England named three ODI debutants in each of their last two matches against Ireland in Ireland.
- Jos Buttler has scored 65.5% of his ODI runs this year in boundaries, the sixth highest percentage of anyone to score at least 100 runs.
- Steven Finn has had 29% of his ODI deliveries this year defended, the second highest percentage behind Mohammad Irfan (minimum 25 overs bowled).