Australia v. England
Australia v England Test Series 2013/14
Toss: England won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: Australia win by 281 runs
- The last 10 and 19 of the last 20 Tests at Sydney have produced a winner.
- Australia have won nine of their last 10 Tests at Sydney. Their only defeat in this period was against England in January 2011.
- The toss-winner has won four and lost four of the last eight Tests at Sydney.
- The 17 draws in 101 Tests at Sydney makes it the Test venue with lowest percentage of draws (16.8%) after Melbourne (14.2%), minimum 10 Tests played.
- England’s win percentage of 40.7% (22 wins, 25 defeats and seven draws) at Sydney makes it their most productive regular Australian Test venue.
- Alastair Cook is in line to become the fourth player to make 100 consecutive Test appearances. Allan Border (153), Mark Waugh (107) and Sunil Gavaskar (106) are the others.
- Cook (8,033) needs 82 runs to pass Geoffrey Boycott (8,114) as England’s fifth highest Test run-scorer.
- Michael Clarke scored 91 runs at an average of 15.2 in his first four Tests at Sydney. In five since he has hit 656 runs at an average of 82.
- Clarke (8,003) needs 27 runs to pass Mark Waugh (8,029) as Australia’s fifth highest Test run-scorer.
- Brad Haddin has the highest catches per innings (2.1) amongst wicket-keepers who have played more than 20 Tests.