Sri Lanka v. South Africa
Sri Lanka v South Africa ODI Series 2013
Toss: South Africa won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: South Africa win by 56 runs
- Sri Lanka's victory in the second match of the series means they lead the head-to-head One Day International record between these teams by 26 wins to 25, with one tie and one no result.
- Sri Lanka have joined Australia as the only teams to have beaten South Africa in ODIs more often than they have lost to them.
- Sri Lanka's decision to bat first in the second match of the series was the only time in the last 23 ODIs (involving a Test playing nation) that the toss-winning captain did not elect to field.
- Sri Lanka have won four and lost four of their completed ODIs at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. South Africa have never played at the venue.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan (7,423) needs 34 runs to overtake Arjuna Ranatunga (7,456) as the sixth highest Sri Lankan ODI run scorer.
- AB de Villiers is the joint-sixth highest South African ODI run scorer with Hansie Cronje, with 5,565 runs.
- Only Umesh Yadav (19.5%) has induced a higher percentage of play and misses than Morne Morkel (17.6%) in ODIs this year (200+ balls, Test-playing nations only).