Australia v. England
Australia v England ODI Series 2014
Toss: England won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Australia win by 7 wickets
- Australia have won six of their last eight One Day Internationals at Sydney. Both defeats were against Sri Lanka.
- England have won 14 and lost 14 of their ODIs at Sydney. Of the ODI venues they have identical win and loss records at it is the ground they have played most matches at.
- Four of the last five ODIs at Sydney have been won by the team batting second.
- England have batted first in the last six and eight of the last nine ODIs between these teams at Sydney.
- Michael Clarke needs 98 runs to become the fifth player to score 1,000 ODI runs at Sydney.
- Clarke needs one catch to become the sixth player to take 100 ODI catches as a fielder for Australia.
- Eoin Morgan has passed 50 five times in his last seven ODI innings (including two centuries), having not done so in his preceding 17 innings.
- James Faulkner has hit 272 runs in his last four ODI innings, at a strike rate of 153 and average of 272.
- Jos Buttler has hit 265 runs in his last five ODI innings, at a strike rate of 126.2 and average of 88.3.
- Australia's 301/9 at Brisbane was the fourth highest successful ODI run chase in Australia.