Australia v. England
Australia v England Twenty20 Series 2014
Toss: Australia won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Australia win by 13 runs
- These teams have faced each other eight times in completed Twenty20 Internationals and won four matches apiece.
- The last three T20Is between these teams have been won by the team batting first.
- Australia have lost their last four T20Is at home, last winning against India at Sydney in February 2012. They have played once before at Hobart, beating West Indies by 38 runs in February 2010.
- Of those batsmen to be dismissed at least five times in T20Is, Aaron Finch holds the highest average – he has hit 366 runs in nine innings, at an average of 52.3.
- Of the 21 players with five or more T20I scores of 50 or more, only Chris Gayle (11 in 33 innings) has a higher proportion of 50+ scores than Alex Hales (six in 21 innings).