Australia v. England
Australia v England Twenty20 Series 2014
Toss: England won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Australia win by 8 wickets
- After winning their first four T20 internationals at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australia have lost their last two.
- Four of the last five Twenty20 Internationals at the MCG have been won by the side batting first.
- The highest score at the MCG in this form of the game was achieved by Australia when they managed to put up 182/9 against South Africa in January 2009.
- England have faced Australia once before at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a Twenty20 International; they lost by four runs as Aaron Finch scored 53* off just 33 balls.
- The highest successful run chase in International T20 cricket at this ground was set by India in February 2012 when they made 135/2 chasing Australia’s 131 all out - they only managed it with two balls of the innings remaining.