India v. Australia
India v Australia Twenty20 2013
Toss: India won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: India win by 6 wickets
- India and Australia have met only once in Twenty20 Internationals in India – in October 2007, a match the hosts won by seven wickets. These teams' overall T20I head-to-head record reads four Australian wins and three for India.
- Australia have won one of their last seven T20Is – against England in September, when they recorded the second highest T20I total of 248-6.
- India have not played a T20I since December 2012, when they beat Pakistan by 11 runs at Ahmedabad.
- Yuvraj Singh hit his career best T20I score in that match, 72 from 36 balls. This was one of his four 50+ scores with a strike rate of 200 or more – no other player has achieved this more than twice.
- The Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium at Rajkot will become the 68th T20I ground. The nine Indian grounds to have hosted T20Is have done so once each.