India v. Australia
India v Australia ODI Series 2013
Toss: India won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: India win by 6 wickets
- George Bailey is the leading run scorer in this ODI series (318), his average of 106 is his best in a series when he has appeared in more than two innings.
- Bailey (938) and Virat Kohli (918) are two of three players to score 900+ runs in ODIs in 2013, only Misbah-ul-Haq (961) has scored more than them.
- Ravindra Jadeja is the only bowler in this series to have bowled 50+ balls and to have an economy rate of below five (4.85). He has actually bowled more overs than any other player in this series (40).
- Jadeja needs two more wickets to become the 15th Indian cricketer to reach the landmark of 100 wickets in ODIs. Ishant Sharma is four wickets away from the same milestone.
- MS Dhoni will captain India for the 147th time in ODIs, taking him clear of Sourav Ganguly (146) in second place on the list of Indians with most ODIs as captain. Mohammad Azharuddin (174) has led India the most in the format.