South Africa v. India
South Africa v India ODI Series 2013
Toss: India won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: South Africa win by 141 runs
- India’s victory at the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy ended a run of three consecutive One Day International defeats against South Africa.
- The overall head-to-head record between these teams reads India 25 ODI wins and South Africa 40, with two no results.
- The away team has never won a series in bilateral ODI series between these teams.
- Jacques Kallis averages 65.9 in ODIs against India, his highest against Test-playing nations. It is also the highest average of anyone playing more than one innings in ODIs between these teams.
- Ishant Sharma needs four wickets to reach 100 ODI wickets for India. R. Ashwin is five short of the landmark.
- MS Dhoni has defended just 7% of ODI deliveries faced this year – the next lowest percentage in ODIs between Test-playing nations is George Bailey’s 12.1%.