South Africa v. India
South Africa v India ODI Series 2013
Toss: India won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: South Africa win by 134 runs
- South Africa’s 141-run victory in the series opener was their second largest run-margin victory against India in One Day Internationals.
- South Africa have lost three of their last four completed ODIs at Kingsmead, Durban. The victory was against India, in January 2011.
- India have lost all five ODIs against South Africa at Durban. They have won their other two matches at the venue, against England and Kenya in the 2003 ICC World Cup.
- Ishant Sharma needs four wickets to reach 100 ODI wickets for India. R. Ashwin is five short of the landmark.
- Hashim Amla was dismissed for a golden duck in his last ODI innings at Durban, against Pakistan in March, one of two in his career.