South Africa v. Australia
South Africa v Australia Test Series 2014
Toss: Australia won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Australia win by 245 runs
- South Africa have won nine and drawn two of their last 11 Tests at Newlands, Cape Town.
- The last team to beat the hosts at the venue was Australia, in March 2006. Australia have won nine and lost three - including their last two Tests - at Newlands.
- Australia are attempting to win their 50th Test against South Africa.
- Mitchell Johnson (257) needs three wickets to pass Jason Gillespie (259) as Australia’s sixth highest Test wicket-taker.
- Brad Haddin (228) needs three dismissals to pass Matt Prior (230) in ninth place on the list of wicket-keepers with most Test dismissals. Haddin is currently joint-10th with Wasim Bari.
- Ryan Harris needs four wickets to become the 36th player to take 100 Test wickets for Australia.
- AB de Villiers (7,111) needs 179 runs to pass Gary Kirsten (7,289) as South Africa’s third highest Test run-scorer.