Pakistan v. South Africa
Pakistan v South Africa Test Series 2013
Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: South Africa win by an innings and 92 runs
- Pakistan are unbeaten in four Tests at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. They have won three matches at the venue since drawing with South Africa in November 2010.
- That contest featured two record partnerships in Tests between these teams. Hashim Amla and Jacques Kallis put on 242 and Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq 186, respective head-to-head records for the third and fourth wickets. Both stands were unbroken.
- South Africa have not lost consecutive Tests since March 2009 when they lost a home series 3-0 to Australia.
- AB de Villiers needs 52 runs to become the third player after Jacques Kallis and Graeme Smith to score 1,000 runs in Tests between these teams. Younis Khan (944) and Hashim Amla (937) are also approaching this landmark.
- Dale Steyn (43) needs three wickets to overtake Shaun Pollock (45) as the leading wicket-taker in Pakistan v South Africa Tests.
- Of the 12 players to face at least 1,000 balls in Tests this year, the three players with the lowest boundary run percentage feature in this series (Younis Khan 43.7%, AB de Villiers 44.6% and Hashim Amla 44.7%).