Pakistan v. South Africa
Pakistan v South Africa ODI Series 2013
Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Pakistan win by 66 runs
- Since the start of 2010, these teams have played each other 12 times in One Day Internationals. In this time there have been two winning margins of one wicket, one of two runs and one of one run – South Africa’s victory in the first match of the series at Sharjah.
- Pakistan have lost six of the 10 ODIs they have played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium and two of the three they have played against South Africa.
- Saeed Ajmal took his 150th ODI wicket at Sharjah. Of the 63 players to have reached this landmark, he has the fifth best average (22.5).
- At Sharjah, Misbah-ul-Haq became the first player to reach 4,000 ODI runs without hitting a century. He has hit 11 half centuries in his last 20 ODI innings.
- Misbah needs eight runs to join George Bailey and Virat Kohli as the only players to hit 1,000 ODI runs this year.