New Zealand v. West Indies
New Zealand v West Indies Test Series 2013
Toss: West Indies won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: Match Drawn
- West Indies are unbeaten in their last five Tests against New Zealand, winning both matches in the Caribbean last year and drawing three away between 2006 and 2008.
- New Zealand have failed to win any of their last eight Test series. They have played 21 series against teams other than Bangladesh and Zimbabwe without winning, since beating West Indies in March 2006.
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul needs 37 runs to become the seventh player to score 11,000 Test runs.
- Shane Shillingford has taken five wicket hauls in five of the six Test innings he has bowled in this year. Stuart Broad (in 21 innings) is the only other bowler with this many five-wicket hauls in 2013.
- In four Test innings against New Zealand Sunil Narine has taken 12 wickets at an average of 25.7. In five innings against other teams (Bangladesh and England) he has taken three wickets at an average of 137.7.