New Zealand v. West Indies
New Zealand v West Indies Twenty20 Series 2014
Toss: West Indies won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: New Zealand win by 4 wickets
- There have been five Twenty20 Internationals at the Westpac Stadium, Wellington. New Zealand have won two and lost three of these matches.
- The most recent match at the venue, In February 2013, saw the Black Caps suffer their only 10-wicket defeat in this format – England’s 143-0 is the highest T20I second innings score for the loss of no wickets.
- Three of the eight ties in T20Is have been between these teams. The other four contests have produced two wins apiece.
- These teams are the only major Test-playing nation with negative overall T20I records. New Zealand have won 31 and lost 32, with five ties. West Indies have won 23 and lost 25, with three ties.
- Ross Taylor needs 59 runs to become the 13th player and third for New Zealand – after Brendon McCullum and Martin Guptill – to hit 1,000 T20I runs.