England v. Sri Lanka
England v Sri Lanka - Investec Test Series 2014
Toss: Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: Match Drawn
- Sri Lanka are one of three teams, along with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, to have never won a Test at Lord’s. Their six visits have produced two defeats and four draws.
- 10 of the last 11 Lord’s Tests have produced a winner – the preceding six matches at the venue were drawn.
- The only stalemate in these 11 matches was Sri Lanka’s last visit, in 2011.
- England have lost their last five Tests – they last lost six in a row in 1992/93, when they were defeated seven times in succession.
- Alastair Cook needs 68 runs to pass Geoffrey Boycott as the sixth highest Test run-scorer for England. Cook is 134 runs behind Kevin Pietersen, fourth on this list.
- Exactly 1,000 of Cook’s runs have come against Sri Lanka, the most by an English player in Tests between these teams.
- A catch by Matt Prior off James Anderson would see them become the outright most productive bowler-fielder combination in Tests for England. Prior has taken 60 catches off Anderson’s bowling – as Bob Taylor did off Sir Ian Botham’s.
- Stuart Broad needs two wickets to become the fourth player to take 50 Test wickets at Lord’s.
- Broad has taken 66 wickets at an average of 26.1 since the start of 2013, more than any other bowler. He has bowled the sixth most overs in this time.
- Nuwan Kulasekara needs four wickets reach 50 in Test cricket.