Bangladesh v. New Zealand
Bangladesh v New Zealand ODI Series 2013
Toss: Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Bangladesh win by 40 runs
- Bangladesh have won the last five completed One Day Internationals between these teams, after New Zealand won the preceding five.
- Brendon McCullum needs 48 runs to become the third player after Stephen Fleming and Nathan Astle to hit 5,000 ODI runs for New Zealand.
- Mashrafe Mortaza needs one wicket to go clear of Shakib Al Hasan as the second highest Bangladesh ODI wicket-taker – both players have taken 161 wickets.
- Ross Taylor needs 70 runs to become the first player to score 500 runs in ODIs between these teams.
- Rubel Hossain's hat-trick in the first ODI was the third by a Bangladeshi in ODIs and the first for Bangladesh against anyone other than Zimbabwe.