New Zealand v. India
New Zealand v India ODI Series 2014
Toss: India won the toss and elected to bowl.
Result: New Zealand win by 24 runs
- India have won the last six One Day Internationals between these teams, including all five matches in a home series in 2010/11.
- That whitewash was the fourth instance of New Zealand losing all matches in an ODI series of five or more matches.
- New Zealand recorded their largest home run-margin ODI victory at Napier. They beat Zimbabwe by 202 runs in February 2012.
- R. Ashwin needs four wickets to reach 100 ODI wickets. He has played 70 ODIs – five Indians have reached the landmark faster, including Ishant Sharma, who did so in India’s last ODI in December.
- Ross Taylor needs 15 runs to become the ninth player to score 4,000 ODI runs for New Zealand.
- Tim Southee needs three wickets to become the 15th player to take 100 ODI wickets for New Zealand.
- Virat Kohli was dismissed for a duck in his final ODI innings of 2012 and 2013.
- Since the start of 2013 Jesse Ryder (62.5%) has played the highest percentage of attacking shots in ODIs between Test-playing nations, minimum 100 balls faced.