India v. West Indies
India v West Indies Test Series 2013
Toss: West Indies won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: India win by an innings and 51 runs
- India are unbeaten in their last 13 Tests against West Indies, a run that stretches back to 2002. They have not lost at home against West Indies since 1994, winning four and drawing two of these Tests.
- There have been six Tests at Eden Gardens, Kolkata in the last 10 years. Just one of these has been drawn - India have won four and lost one of these matches, the defeat being in the most recent Test, against England last December.
- Of players from Test-playing nations, Rohit Sharma has played the most One Day Internationals (108) without playing a Test.
- Sachin Tendulkar has reached 40 twice in his last 20 Test innings.
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul averages 65.8 in 44 Test innings against India - the only team he averages more against is Bangladesh (104.5).
- Virat Kohli's Test false shot percentage of 11.5% in 2013 is the lowest of any batsman to face at least 10 balls.