Bangladesh v. Sri Lanka
Bangladesh v Sri Lanka ODI Series 2014
Toss: Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Sri Lanka win by 61 runs
- Two of the last nine completed One Day Internationals between these teams have been won by the team batting first – one of these successful defences was Sri Lanka’s win at Dhaka in the first match of the series.
- Kumar Sangakkara needs 29 runs to become the second player after Sanath Jayasuriya to score 1,000 runs in Bangladesh v Sri Lanka ODIs.
- Sri Lanka’s victory at Dhaka ended a run of three consecutive wins for Bangladesh at the venue.
- In that match Sri Lanka became the first team to lose their first eight wickets for fewer than 70 runs in an ODI and still go on to win.
- Tamim Iqbal (3,702) starts this match 11 runs ahead of Shakib Al Hasan (3,691) as Bangladesh’s leading ODI run-scorer.