Bangladesh v. Pakistan
Asia Cup 2014
Toss: Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat.
Result: Pakistan win by 3 wickets
- Pakistan have won 30 of the 31 One Day Internationals between these teams – Bangladesh’s solitary win came in the 1999 ICC World Cup.
- Pakistan batted first in five of the last six of these victories.
- In his team’s win against India, Misbah-ul-Haq was run out for the second time in two ODIs. This was the third time in his career he has been dismissed run out in consecutive ODIs.
- Shahid Afridi (378 wickets) needs three wickets and four wickets respectively to pass Brett Lee (380) and Glenn McGrath (381) in seventh and sixth places on the list of leading ODI wicket-takers.
- Shakib Al Hasan needs 93 runs to become the first player to hit 500 ODI runs for Bangladesh against Pakistan.