ECB seeks to appoint performance director
The ECB is seeking to appoint a performance director who will play a vital role in developing the most talented cricketers in England and Wales, through world-class coaching and support services in world-class facilities.
The mission of the ECB is to develop the game from playground to Test arena. One of the key objectives of the organisation is to develop and maintain a successful England cricket team.
The performance director is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of players within the England Performance, England Women’s and age group programmes.
The successful candidate will report to the post-holder accountable for England Cricket and will work closely with the England management team, selectors, and county coaches in order to successfully prepare England cricketers for international competition.
Applicants should have:
- Experience as head coach or leader of a high performance team with a proven track record of innovation and tailoring of programmes for individual athletes;
- An excellent knowledge and current understanding of international cricket;
- A minimum of ECB Level 3 coaching qualification or international equivalent;
- A commitment to achieving ECB Level 4 within 2 years of appointment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of strategic planning and budget management;
- Strong people management skills;
- And a verifiable record of working within a multi-disciplinary environment in the delivery of coaching programmes.
Please download an application form and job description as below and email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Thursday June 28 2007.