England one-day squad to tour South Africa, 2009-10
England named the following squad for two Twenty20 internationals and five one-day internationals against South Africa, as part of the 2009-10 tour:
- Andrew Strauss, captain (Middlesex)
- James Anderson (Lancashire)
- Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)
- Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
- Paul Collingwood (Durham)
- Alastair Cook (Essex)
- Joe Denly (Kent)
- Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire)
- Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
- Graham Onions (Durham)
- Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire)
- Matt Prior (Sussex)
- Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
- Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)
- Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)
- Luke Wright (Sussex)
- Liam Plunkett (Durham)*
- James Tredwell (Kent)**
Kevin Pietersen will join the squad after the Twenty20 internationals, when England will be captained by Paul Collingwood.
*Liam Plunkett joined the squad as bowling cover for the first two ODIs after injuries to James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Paul Collingwood and Alastair Cook. Plunkett remained with the party in Cape Town ahed of the third game.
**James Tredwell was called up to the squad for the first two ODIs after Graeme Swann was ruled out by a side strain.