ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - Foreign Office travel advice
The Foreign Office has a dedicated ICC Cricket World Cup advice page www.fco.gov.uk/cricket which contains details of match dates, locations and travel tips and security. Please ensure you visit the website to check for any updates:
Before you go:
- Visit your GP as soon as possible to check if you need any vaccinations or malaria tablets
- Check entry requirements. Visas are required for India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Note that if you intend to travel to India and then plan on attending matches held in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka, you should apply for a double or triple entry visa and must provide evidence of your itinerary on application
- Make copies of your passport, including your visa pages; leave a copy with family or friends and carry another with you
- Understand and respect the local laws and customs - do some research before you go
- For the latest security information re South Asia the FCO provides regular updates and information including on Facebook and twitter sites
- Sign up to Foreign Office travel advice on Facebook (www.facebook.com/fcotraveladvice) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/britishabroad), so you can receive the latest information on the go
While you are away:
- Visit the FCO website for updated security information when and wherever possible.
- Always carry a form of photo identification – you may be asked to show it to authorities
- Watch out for poor road conditions and erratic driving and be extra careful when travelling by car or bus
- Take care what and where you eat and drink. If you do get ill, the British High Commission can provide information about local hospitals and doctors
For a free FCO India Travel booklet e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08444 777 399.