England Lions squad in New Zealand 2009
The following 17 players have been selected in the England Lions squad to tour New Zealand in February and March 2009:
- Robert Key, captain (Kent)
- Gareth Batty (Worcestershire)
- Ravi Bopara (Essex)
- Mark Davies (Durham)
- Steven Davies (Worcestershire)
- Liam Dawson (Hampshire)
- Joe Denly (Kent)
- Robbie Joseph (Kent)
- Amjad Khan (Kent)
- Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire)
- Stephen Moore (Worcestershire)
- Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
- Graham Napier (Essex)
- Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
- Liam Plunkett (Durham)
- Ben Scott (Middlesex)
- Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)
- Luke Wright (Sussex)
- Tim Ambrose (Warwickshire) will replace Steven Davies in the squad following the conclusion of the Test series in the West Indies.
Ben Scott was added to the squad on February 3 to provide cover for Steven Davies who has flown to the West Indies to replace Matt Prior who has returned home following the birth of his first child.
Robbie Joseph was added to the squad after Ravi Bopara and Amjad Khan were called up to the senior England party in the West Indies as cover for the injured Andrew Flintoff.
Gareth Batty joined the England ODI and Twenty20 team in New Zealand to replace Graeme Swann, who was withdrawn through injury.
Graham Napier was added to the squad as a replacement for Batty, while Liam Dawson joined the touring party after the first Test.