Cambridge graduate

Ecb U15 National Club Championship

Watch ECBtv's coverage of finals day in the video player above

Cambridge Granta were crowned winners of the Under-15 National Club Championship after a one-sided final against Warrington.

After being inserted, Cambridge rattled up 151 for seven from 20 overs - a total which proved too much for their northern opponents who finished 51 runs short.

On glorious day at Kibworth in Leicestershire, Cambridge Granta, Warrington, Hastings & St Leonards Priory and Portsmouth & Southsea met to decide who would lift the coveted prize.

In the first semi-final, Warrington won the toss and asked Hastings & St Leonards Priory to bat first.

Warrington got off to an excellent start reducing their opponents to 19 for three with James Lewis picking up all of the wickets to fall, one via an excellent leg-side stumping by wicket-keeper Ryan Gratton.

Hastings battled back with George Eldridge and Jackson Woodcock adding 51 for the next wicket to take the score to 70. But they eventually slumped to 110 for eight after 20 overs, Eldridge's 47 the highlight of the innings. With the ball, Lewis ended with 5-21 off four overs.

In reply, Warrington got off to a shaky start, losing opener Tom Corcoran with only four runs on the board. He was soon joined back in the pavilion by number three Sam Houghton, who fell to an excellent catch at midwicket by Alex Coombs off the bowling of Glen Whittaker, to give the all-rounder his second wicket.

Tom Clutterbuck and Ryan Gratton took the score to 53 but both fell in quick succession as the Northern Regional winners slipped to 62 for five when Sam Nichols was bowled for a duck by Shaun Johnson.

But Joel Chaderton joined Tom Lees remained calm with the latter smashing 42 in quick time, the highlight of which was a straight six over the sightscreen into the car park, as Warrington won by five wickets.

In the second semi-final, Portsmouth & Southsea won the toss and elected to field against Cambridge Granta.

Openers Theo McKibbin and Aman Tandon provided a good platform, adding 24 for the first wicket before Josh Hunter-Jordan came to the crease.

He coasted serenely to an excellent 50 before his enforced retirement brought Sam Clare to the crease. The fearless batsman clattered the bowling to all parts of the ground, including 24 off the last over, on his way to an unbeaten 42 not out which helped Cambridge to a formidable 175 for five.

Seth Jackson was the best of the Portsmouth bowlers with 2-26

Portsmouth started brightly with Joe Collings-Wells smashing 13 off eight balls before he tried one shot and became the first of two quick wickets to fall.

This brought together Ryan Way with Jack Davies who added 75 in nine overs to take Portsmouth to 93 for two, but they fell in quick succession, for 42 and 48 respectively.

Wickets then began to tumble at regular intervals as Portsmouth tried to chase the last 68 runs needed for victory, but apart from 19 from Tommy Hughes there was nothing of note as they finished on 138 for nine.

Ben Hammersley was the pick of the bowlers, picking up 4-18, while Jack Upton collected three wickets.

Before Cambridge and Warrington took the field for the final, the teams were treated to a talk from National Selector Geoff Miller, as well as special appearances from Devon Malcolm and current Nottinghamshire fast bowler Luke Fletcher.

Warrington won the toss, elected to field first and were soon chasing leather as Cambridge charged towards a commanding total.

Warrington were in the game as the Cambridge innings faltered at 93 for four, despite another half-century from Hunter-Jordan, but Clare, like he did earlier in the day, crashed a rapid 24 to help his side reach 151 for seven. James Mitchell and Sam Houghton both finished with 2-30.

In reply, Warrington never recovered from their slow start although it was a middle-order collapse which ultimately decided their fate.

After Sam Houghton and opener Tom Clutterbuck added 47 for the second wicket, Warrington later lost four wickets for nine runs before ending 51 runs short.

In the third-fourth play-off, Portsmouth & Southsea beat Hastings & St Leonards Priory by 15 runs.