England Women tour schedule
The England and Wales Cricket Board have confirmed dates for the England Women’s team’s winter tour to Sri Lanka and India.
The schedule comprises two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka in Colombo, followed by a Test match and five one-day internationals in India.
ECB Executive Director of Women’s Cricket, Gill McConway, said: “I am delighted to have negotiated our first tour to Sri Lanka. Gwen Herat, the main administrator in Sri Lanka, has dedicated the last five years to ensure Sri Lanka develop their game sufficiently in order to qualify for the next World Cup.
“In March 2005, Gwen was instrumental in the merger with the Sri Lankan board and now the women’s game in Sri Lanka has reached a new level. With teams such as England touring Sri Lanka, it can only improve their ability to play at the top international level.
“India is a fascinating country for any player to tour. It is a very testing place especially for young players, and on the back of the Ashes win, our players will be full of confidence.
“However, it is a totally different playing field and the team will learn a tremendous amount under very difficult playing conditions.”
Following on from their success against Australia this past summer where they won the Ashes for the first time in 42 years and narrowly lost the one-day series 3-2, the 14-player squad will start their tour early November and return mid December.
Charlotte Edwards will captain the team in Clare Connor’s absence, who needs rehabilitation and rest on an ongoing foot injury. Following the retirement of Clare Taylor, Caroline Atkins has been recalled into the squad.
- Nov 7 - Arrive Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Nov 10 - One-day international v Sri Lanka (Premadasa Stadium, Colombo)
- Nov 12 - One-day international v Sri Lanka (Premadasa Stadium, Colombo)
- Nov 15 - Arrive Delhi
- Nov 18 - Practice match (Meerut)
- Nov 19 - Practice match (Meerut)
- Nov 22-25 - Test Match (Delhi)
- Nov 28 - First one-day international (Faridabad)
- Dec 1 - Second one-day international (Lucknow)
- Dec 4 - Third one-day international (Guwahati)
- Dec 7 - Fourth one-day international (Silchar)
- Dec 9 - Fifth one-day international (Kolkata)
- Dec 11 - England fly home