Questions and Answers


Q: Our Australian Overseas came to the UK to play cricket originally on a Youth Mobility Visa in April 2010, he then went home in December 2010, returned April 2011 and has not been home to Australia since. In March 2012 he got married to a British Citizen and now has a BRP (Biometric Residence Permit), this allows him to remain in the country for the next 2 years before receiving a British visa to remain. Our league thinks he is still classed as an Overseas Player but we think he should be classed as an Overseas British Resisident. Please advise his classification for Overseas player?

A: There are outlines in the Non First Class Rules and Regulations 2012 - but if you need specific help or guidance you'll need to contact our Cricket Department on 020 7432 1200