Floods can have a devastating impact on a cricket club, causing damage to both pavilions and grounds.
The ECB provides advice and support for affected clubs in these situations, whether it be significant damage to buildings and machinery or deposits of sediment and waste on outfields and squares.
If your club has been affected by floods, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and assistance.
Reduce your club’s risk of flooding
There is a lot that a cricket club can do to reduce the risk of flood damage:
- Flooding: step-by-step guidance for clubs (PDF) – find out if your club is at risk of flooding
- Flood sediment removal advice (PDF) – this advice sheet outlines the potential risks of deposited sediment and suggested strategies for removal
- Flood plan template (MS Word) – developing a detailed flood plan will help to reduce the impact of flooding at your club
- The Environment Agency – provides comprehensive advice around flooding and extreme weather
- The Blue Pages – an independent directory of flood protection products and services
- Association of British Insurers – offers guidance on resilient repairs after a flood
- Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) – the IOG together with Cranfield University has produced advice on the clean-up of flood damage at grounds