This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead player-centred coaching sessions.
An ECB Core Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Role of an ECB Core Coach
- Player-centred planning process
- Player development
- Core principles – batting, bowling (pace and spin), fielding and wicketkeeping
- Tactical knowledge, physical fundamentals and mental skills
- The coaching tools
- The continuum of practice
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire and develop players and make a difference to the game.
Experience of playing or coaching cricket is desirable but not essential when applying for this programme.
Click here for more information on choosing the right programme for you.
- Eight face-to-face modules lasting three hours each, including two observed coaching opportunities
- Six bitesize e-learning modules lasting 15-20 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment
- Short answer question assessment
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB DBS.
How to apply
Contact your county for more information on their upcoming dates.