This coach support worker course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to support a qualified coach in a coaching session and create a safe, enjoyable and welcoming player-centred environment.
2 x three hour face-to-face modules
Pre-requisites for certification
- 16 years of age or older
- Current safeguarding young cricketers certificate
- Disclosure and barring service check through ECB
What can you expect on the cricket coach support worker course?
Over the duration of the course, you will explore the following questions:
- What is the role of a coach support worker?
- How can I ensure that cricket sessions are safe?
- How do I prepare players for cricket sessions?
- What are the different types of practice?
- How can I adapt a coaching session depending on the practice type and the ability of the players?
- How do I deal with poor behaviour?
- How do I create an environment where children want to return?
Contact your local County Cricket Board to find a course in your area.