Coaching children’s cricket is an enormously rewarding role within the coaching pathway. Players need expertise, support and passion at every level of their development; the courses and workshops found here are designed with players' needs at their core.
To become a qualified cricket coach, you will first need to achieve certification at UKCC level 2.
1. ECB certificate in coaching children’s cricket
This course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to lead coaching sessions for children and create safe, fun, player-centred coaching environments.
Who should attend?
For coaches who are going to predominantly coach children from six to 13 years.
- 8 x three-hour modules
- six sessions of supported practice - usually in your own club coaching environment
Pre-requisites for certification
18 years of age (learning programme and assessment can be completed at 17)
- Emergency Aid certificate
- Safeguarding Young Cricketers certificate
- Disclosure and Barring Service check