Coaching young people and adults’ cricket is an enormously rewarding role within the coaching pathway. Players need expertise, support and passion at every level of their development; the courses and workshops found here are designed with players' needs at their core.
To become a qualified cricket coach, you will first need to achieve certification at UKCC Level 2.
This course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to lead coaching sessions for young people and adults and create safe, enjoyable, stimulating player-centred coaching environments.
Who should attend?
For coaches who are going to predominantly coach young people and adults (13 years+).
- 8 x three-hour modules
- six sessions of supported practice (usually in your own club coaching environment)
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age (learning programme and assessment can be completed at 17)
- Emergency first aid certificate
- Safeguarding young cricketers certificate
- Disclosure and barring service check - through the ECB